Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

My First Veggie Burger Experience

 photo burger_zpsc58b8faf.jpg
Let me start off by saying I have never tried a veggie burger. So when BzzAgent asked if I wanted to try one for free I thought why not.

I was overwhelmed by the variety of options to choose from.  I tried to pick the one closest  to a real burger taste. I chose correctly! I picked out the Grillers Original. The MorningStar Farms website says "These best-selling veggie burgers are full of classic, char-grilled burger flavor."

These tasted amazing! I honestly couldn't believe how good they were. It tasted just like a burger, maybe even better. They were juicy and definitely didn't taste like cardboard, as I've heard some do.

They come 4 frozen patties to a box for about $3-4. What I really liked was that there were 2 frozen patties to a sealed package. So I only had to open 2 at a time and not risk the remainder of the box getting frost bite.

There are 4 different ways to cook them. Grill, microwave, skillet or oven. I chose the oven. It was super simple. Another reason I love this product! I just placed the frozen patties on a pan, put it in the oven, flipped them over half way and they were done to perfection! Much easier than buying a pound of beef and making my own patties and healthier!

With 57% less fat than regular ground beef and only 130 calories this is a definite winner in my book. I will definitely purchase these again!

Thanks BzzAgent and MorningStar Farms for letting me try these for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment